Recruit the Highest-Quality Students, Faculty, Staff and Administrators
The competition for talent is fierce and a decisive element in the economic development and success of the nation. Thus, UT Dallas must attract the best students, faculty, staff and administrators.
UT Dallas must foster the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) to ensure that the faculty, staff and administrators reflect the demographics of the University’s growing and diverse student body.
The University must offer appealing positions to hire and retain the best and brightest staff. UT Dallas will become an employer of choice where ambitious professionals see the University as an ideal destination.
To attract students, UT Dallas must provide rigorous academic experiences that teach them critical thinking and skills vital to success in the workplace.
- Recruit the best and brightest students from around the globe.
- Improve the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students.
- Increase matriculation from Texas community colleges.
- Recruit excellent faculty members across all University disciplines.
- Recruit outstanding staff to support University operations.
- Recruit women and members of underrepresented groups for faculty, staff and administrative positions.
- Ensure current hiring and recruitment practices are sustainable and aligned with the principles of DEI to hire and retain a diverse faculty, staff and administration.
- Provide all search committees the necessary DEI training prior to commencing the job search.
- Reinstate faculty and staff exit surveys and evaluate aggregate data to identify areas that could inform retention practices.
- Periodically survey the campus to ensure that our culture is “best in class” to accomplish the preceding objectives.
- Share our success stories, so that the external community is aware of the “Tier 1” university located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.